- On a bicycle tour you can travel four times faster than you can walk using the same amount of energy. Which means you cover more territory while seeing as much details as walking.
- On a bicycle you can travel up to 644 miles on the energy equivalent of a 1/4 gallon of gasoline.
- On a bicycle you provide a motor - your heart - which improves its own strength and efficiency - and even its working life - the more it is used.
Going MORE Green:
- On a bicycle you use up fewer watts of energy than a car consumes simply to power its lighting system for the same distance.
- On a bicycle you consume a fiftieth of the oxygen consumed by a motor vehicle, and expel no pollutants.
Regular Bicycle Riders:
- On a bicycle you protect yourself against heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity and stress.
- On a bicycle you can have your cake and eat it too. A moderate half-hour each-way commute will burn 8 calories a minute, or the equivalent of 11kg of fat in a year.
- On a bicycle riders can expect to be as fit as an average person ten years younger, if you cycle regularly.
- On a bicycle you weigh about six times more than your vehicle. In car your vehicle weighs around 20 times more than you do.
[Credit: ZMotion.com - http://www.zmotion.org/learn/]